Children are naturally curious and thrive in an engaging learning environment that fosters their innate sense of wonder. Based on God’s truth, Sussex Christian School Preschool provides rich, hands-on learning experiences for children to actively investigate and discover God’s world. Activities and materials are offered that meet the developmental needs of the Preschool child by providing daily opportunities for students to grow intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Sussex Christian School’s Preschool program provides a solid academic readiness foundation while teaching the youngest of God’s children to love Jesus, to love each other and to become lifelong learners in a safe, nurturing environment.
At Sussex Christian School, our Preschool program will help your child to:
• Become more aware of God in our world
• Show love for God and each other
• Achieve a good self-image
• Learn to accept and respond to others
• Develop letter and number recognition as well as language and communication skills which are the foundation of our academic instruction
• Improve verbal, listening, and perceptual skills
• Develop large and small motor skills
• Develop attitudes that support the love of learning, problem-solving, and curiosity
We believe that your child is a gift from God, a treasure to be guarded and cultivated which requires the heart and soul of excellence in Christian teachers and Christian education.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What days does Preschool meet and will it be full-day or half-day?
Sussex Christian School Preschool for 4 years olds meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We offer full-day (8:40 am — 3:00 pm) with a half-day option (8:40 am — 12:15 pm). Preschool for 3 year olds will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a half-day option (8:40 am - 12:15 pm).
2. What ages must students be to enroll in SCS Preschool?
Students must be 3 years old by October 1 and potty trained to be enrolled in SCS Preschool.
3. Can I change my child’s enrollment from half-day to full-day mid-year?
Yes, students can change from half-day to full-day at the end of the first semester.
4. Is there a class limit?
Yes. There will be a waiting list after we have reached 12 students in the class.
5. Is there a registration fee?
There is no registration fee.
We invite you to be part of the
Sussex Christian School Community