Children are naturally curious and thrive in an engaging learning environment that fosters their innate sense of wonder. Based on God’s truth, Sussex Christian School Pre-K provides rich, hands-on learning experiences for children to actively investigate and discover God’s world. Activities and materials are offered that meet the developmental needs of the Pre-K child by providing daily opportunities for students to grow intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Sussex Christian School’s Pre-K program provides a solid academic readiness foundation while teaching the youngest of God’s children to love Jesus, to love each other and to become lifelong learners in a safe, nurturing environment.
At Sussex Christian School, our Pre-K program will help your child to:
• Become more aware of God in our world
• Show love for God and each other
• Achieve a good self-image
• Learn to accept and respond to others
• Develop letter and number recognition as well as language and communication skills which are the foundation of our academic instruction
• Improve verbal, listening, and perceptual skills
• Develop large and small motor skills
• Develop attitudes that support the love of learning, problem-solving, and curiosity
We believe that your child is a gift from God, a treasure to be guarded and cultivated which requires the heart and soul of excellence in Christian teachers and Christian education.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What days does Pre-K meet and will it be full day or half day?
Sussex Christian School Pre-K meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
We offer full day (8:40 am — 3:00 pm) with a half-day option (8:40 am — 12:15 pm)
2. What ages must students be to enroll in SCS Pre-K?
Students must be 3 years old by October 1 and potty trained to be enrolled in SCS Pre-K.
3. Can I change my child’s enrollment from half-day to full day mid year?
Yes, students can change from half day to full day at the end of the first semester.
4. Is there a class limit?
Yes. There will be a waiting list after we have reached 12 students in the class.
5. Is there a registration fee?
There is no registration fee.